I make parents tremble in fear when I call home at around dinner time: ‘hi, this is Mr Mali. Hope I didn’t call at a bad time. I just want to talk to you about something that your son had said today in class, to the biggest bully in the grade.
我能让家长们在晚饭时间接到我的电话时害怕到发抖。‘您好,我是Mali老师,希望我没有在不合适的时间打电话过来。我只是想跟您谈谈今天您儿子在课堂上说过的话。
He said 'leave that kid alone. I still cry sometimes, don’t you?'
他对年级里欺负人的霸凌头子说‘别再骚扰那个同学了,我有时也会哭,你也是吧?’
And that was the noblest act of courage that I have ever seen.
我告诉家长,这是我见过的最高尚的勇敢行为。
I make parents see their children for who they are and who they can be.
我能让父母们了解到他们的儿女究竟是怎样的人,究竟能成为怎样的人。
You wanna know what I make?
你想我能做到什么了对吧?
I make kids wonder.
我能让孩子们好奇,
I make them question.
我能让他们提问,
I make them criticize.
我能让他们质疑,
I make them apologize and mean it.
我能让他们真心诚意地道歉。
I make them write, write, write, and then I make them read.
我能让他们写作文、写作文、写作文,然后我能让他们阅读。
I make them spell: definitely beautiful, definitely beautiful, de-fi-nite-ly b-e-a-utiful, until they will never misspell either one of those word again.
我能让他们背单词,definitely beautiful, de-fi-nite-ly b-e-a-utiful,直到他们这两个词都再也不会拼错。
I make them realize that if you got this [pointing to his head], then you follow this [pointing to his heart]
我让他们知道如果你有脑子,你要追求本心。
and if somebody ever tries to judge you based on what you make,
如果有什么人要根据你的收入来评判你,
you give them this [the finger].
你就对他们竖中指。
Here, let me break it down for you, so you can know that what I say is true. Teachers make a god damn difference, then what about you?”
我说得这么详细,你应该听明白了吧,教师这个职业就是这么牛逼,那么你呢?”
教师这个职业就是这么牛逼。